In 2021, the Environmental Endowment for New Jersey awarded 18 grants totaling $303,000 to non-profit organizations to carry out a variety of environmental improvement projects in the northeast metropolitan area and in the Delaware River Basin and the Schuylkill Valley. The Endowment Board voted to make the following grants in 2021:
1. American Littoral Society ($14,000) Highlands, New Jersey. For their project City to Shore: Connecting Upstream Management to Downtown Restoration in the Delaware Bayshore Region.
2. Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions ($15,000) Mendham, New Jersey. For their project Restoring Water Quality Through Local Education, Restoration, and Policy.
3. Clean Ocean Action ($19,000) Long Branch, New Jersey. For their project Reducing Litter in the Delaware River: Plastic Source Investigation.
4. Clean Water Fund ($20,000) Long Branch, New Jersey. For their project Water and Climate Justice Project: Urban Communities Working to Ensure Clean, Safe Water for All.
5. Damascus Citizens for Sustainability ($20,000) Narrowsburg, New York. For their project DRBC Water Watch.
6. Delaware Riverkeeper Network ($19,000) Bristol, Pennsylvania. For their project Continuation of Advocacy and Legal Action: Protecting Our River, Our Fish, and Our Communities.
7. Eastern Environmental Law Center ($20,000) Newark, New Jersey. For their project Serving Environmental Justice Communities and Opposing Unneeded Fossil Fuel Infrastructure.
8. Environment New Jersey Research & Policy Center ($20,000) New Brunswick, New Jersey. For their project Fishable & Swimmable: Wielding the Clean Water Act to Protect Existing Users.
9. Food & Water Watch ($18,000) New Brunswick, New Jersey. For their project Campaign to Stop Oil and Gas Infrastructure in New Jersey.
10. Fund for a Better Waterfront ($15,000) Hoboken, New Jersey. For their project Hoboken Waterfront & Weehawken Cove.
11. Future City Inc. ($7,000) Elizabeth, New Jersey. For their project Arthur Kill Blueway Citizen Science Advocates Project 2021.
12. Ironbound Community Corporation ($9,000) Newark, New Jersey. For their project Ironbound Passaic River Project.
13. Musconetcong Watershed Association ($17,000) Asbury, New Jersey. For their project Protecting Northwest New Jersey’s Great Waters.
14. National Institute for Healthy Human Spaces, Inc. ($17,000) Camden, New Jersey. For their project The Camden and Philadelphia Waterways Restoration, Development and Environmental Justice Initiative.
15. New Jersey Audubon ($19,000) Bernardsville, New Jersey. For their project Coalition for the Delaware River Watershed.
16. Raritan Baykeeper ($18,000) Hazlet, New Jersey. For their project Clean Water Campaign.
17. Sierra Club-New Jersey Chapter ($18,000) Trenton, New Jersey. For their project A Campaign to Improve the Environment for All.
18. Work Environment Council of New Jersey, Inc. ($18,000) Trenton, New Jersey. For their project Prevent Chemical Disasters.