Environmental Endowment for New Jersey, Inc.
In 2022, the Environmental Endowment for New Jersey awarded 20 grants totaling $325,000 to non-profit organizations to carry out a variety of environmental improvement projects in the northeast metropolitan area and in the Delaware River Basin and the Schuylkill Valley. The Endowment Board voted to make the following grants in 2021:
1. Association of New Jersey. Environmental Commissions ($20,000) Highlands, New Jersey. For their project Restoring Water Quality Through Local Education, Restoration, and Policy.
2. Center for Environmental Transformation ($7,000) Camden, New Jersey. For their project Environmental Justice Resident Advisory Board Formation.
3. Clean Ocean Action ($20,000) Long Branch, New Jersey. For their project Reducing Litter in the Delaware River: Plastic Source Investigations.
4. Clean Water Fund ($20,000) Long Branch, New Jersey. For their project Urban Waters and Climate Justice project.
5. Damascus Citizens for Sustainability ($20,000) Milandville, PA. For their project DRBC Water Watch.
6. Delaware Riverkeeper Network ($20,000) Bristol, Pennsylvania. For their project Using Advocacy and Legal Action to Protect Atlantic Sturgeon.
7. Eastern Environmental Law Center ($20,000) Newark, New Jersey. For their project Serving Environmental Justice Communities, Defending Water Resources and Opposing Unneeded Fossil-Fuel Infrastructures.
8. Environment New Jersey Research & Policy Center ($20,000) New Brunswick, New Jersey. For their project At 50: Reviving the Promise of the Clean Water Act for New Jersey Waters.
9. Food & Water Watch ($16,000) New Brunswick, New Jersey. For their project Campaign to Stop Oil and Gas Infrastructure in New Jersey.
10. Fund for a Better Waterfront ($15,000) Hoboken, New Jersey. For their project Completing a Model Pubic Waterfront.
11. Future City Inc. ($7,000) Elizabeth, New Jersey. For their project Arthur Kill Blueway Citizen Science Advocates Project 2022.
12. Groundwork Elizabeth (7,000) Elizabeth, New Jersey. For their project Urban Riprian Restoration and Community Engagement in Elizabeth, NJ.
13. Ironbound Community Corporation ($7,000) Newark, New Jersey. For their project Ironbound Passaic River Project.
14. Musconetcong Watershed Association ($20,000) Asbury, New Jersey. For their project Protecting Northwest New Jersey’s Great Waters.
15. National Institute for Healthy Human Spaces, Inc. ($16,000) Camden, New Jersey. For their project Camden and Philadelphia Waterways Restoration, Development and Environmental Justice Project.
16. New Jersey Audubon ($20,000) Bernardsville, New Jersey. For their project Coalition for the Delaware River Watershed.
17. NewarkDig (Doing Infrastructure Green) ($20,000) Newark, New Jersey. For their project NewarkDig CSO/Stormwater Advocacy and Green Infrastructure Implementation.
18. Raritan Baykeeper ($18,000) Hazlet, New Jersey. For their project Clean Water Campaign.
19. Sierra Club-New Jersey Chapter ($16,000) Trenton, New Jersey. For their project Cleaner & Greener NJ.
20. Work Environment Council of New Jersey, Inc. ($20,000) Trenton, New Jersey. For their project Prevent Toxic Catastrophies.